Ascend Westchester & CT Chapter Present
How to Can Engineers & Developers Fully Develop Their Potential?
Date: Friday, July 26, 2019
Time: 11:00 PM - 12:00 PM
Venue: Via Zoom
Join Ascend Westchester and Connecticut Chapter on Friday, July 26 for an Ascend Talk on advancing your career in engineering and software development. We are joined by highly esteemed members of the professional community to discuss career paths in both technical leadership and management. There will also be an opportunity to field your question to the speakers.
Our panelists are:
1. Hira Advani. Cybersecurity Advisory Board Member at Rutgers University. Former Chief Security Officer of Protegrity.
2. Hong Min. Distinguished Engineer and Master Inventor at IBM TJ Watson Research Center
3. Karima Jumma. VP of Product Management at E2Open
4. Rupa Sethu (Moderator). Corporate Development VP at Ascend CT/Westchester
Key Discussion Points:
1. What skills, capabilities and mindsets are important for technical leadership?
2. How to transform our career paths and make the switch to management?
3. Which constraints can hold us back and how to overcome them?